How to improve your email writing skills to save time & improve communication with your team; easy business writing tips
- This course is for employees in organizations who frequently communicate via email with their team members (at least 5 or more on a regular basis).
- No special tools or are necessary. Any email client (like Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.) will do.
**The #1 Udemy bestselling course about email communication in teams**
**Over 105,000+ students have taken this course with successful results**
Learn simple email writing skills that will help you become a better communicator and influencer with your team.
Master Writing More Effective Emails Using Research-Based Guidelines
- Assign tasks using the “3Ws” to increase influence
- Create powerful subject lines to ensure readability
- Present options to reduce back & forth emails
- Use “If…then…” statements to increase accountability
Simple Email Writing Tactics that will Save You Time and Frustration
Most employees spend over 11 hours per week reading and replying to email messages. In this course, you’ll learn how to spend less time and improve communication with your team members. You’ll also understand how to make your messages more effective using simple tweaks.
For example, you’ll learn how to make your emails more scannable and how to break your long emails so that they’re easier to read. You’ll also learn the common mistakes people make when they ask questions in emails, and how to avoid them.
Powerful Business Writing Skills You Will Use for Your Entire Career
Email is not going anywhere.
Although new tools (such as Slack) keep popping up, email is still the main tool used for team collaboration around the world. Moreover, employers consistently list “good business writing skills” as an important pre-requisite for most job requirements, and proper email etiquette is a critical component for getting a job. So you’ll learn powerful email writing skills that will help you for your entire career.
Content and Overview
This course contains over 20 lectures and 1.5 hours of content. It is designed for any manager, employee, or entrepreneur who regularly works in teams of 5 or more people.
The content includes over 18 tactics about solid email writing skills that help you draft emails to minimize confusion with your team.
The course is delivered in a format that is easily digestible for busy professionals.
Each tactic includes an overview of why it works, and an example of how you can apply it in the real world.
The course also covers a few case studies of horrible emails, and how you can avoid them (including the “Reply All” syndrome).
Here are the tactics that are covered in this course:
- How to Assign Tasks in Emails (using the 3Ws)
- How to Write the Perfect Subject Line
- Write Emails that are Five Sentences or Less (TL;DR)
- Break Long Emails Into Two Parts
- How to Make Your Emails Scannable
- Show Instead of Tell by Attaching Screenshots
- Spell Out Time Zones, Dates and Acronyms
- Use “If…Then” Statements
- Present Options Instead of Asking Open-Ended Questions
- Re-read Your Email Once for a Content Check
- Save Drafts of Repetitive Emails
- Write it Now, Send it Later Using “Delay Delivery”
- How to Properly Use “Reply All”
- Reply to Questions Inline
- Reply Immediately to Time-Sensitive Emails
- Read the Latest Email on a Thread Before Responding
- Write the Perfect Out-of-Office (OOO) Auto Reply
- Share the Rules of Email Ahead of Time
The course is technology-agnostic. This means that it doesn’t matter which email technology tool you use (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.).
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to communicate and collaborate better with your team. You’ll improve your business writing skills, your email writing skills, and email etiquette skills. You’ll also save time and increase your productivity in writing and responding to emails.
★★★★★ “This course has some excellent tips for clear email communication that I have never thought of before. Suitable for all levels, even those who consider themselves an expert in email writing.” – Lisa Irawan
★★★★★ “The course was short, which is good, but to the point with a clear message. I would really recommend to go through it when you’re struggling with a full mailbox and your email management.” – Tomas Harcar
★★★★★ “I’ve been writing work emails for years, so I’d like to think I know what I’m doing, but I learned a lot of new things from this course. The instructor backs up most of his tips with research and live examples. It takes very little time to get through all of the videos, and you might be able to skip some of them, depending on your needs (the titles make clear whether they’ll be relevant to you). Very helpful from a project management perspective.” – Christine Browne
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with the course for any reason, you may return the course within 30 days of the purchase date.
Ready to Enroll?
Click on the “Buy Now” or “Enroll Now” button in the top right corner of this page and start learning how to sharpen your email writing skills, excel at business writing, and improve communication with your team.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for employees who rely on email to communicate and collaborate with their teams (at least 5 or more team members).
- The focus of this course is mainly on employees or entrepreneurs who work in US-based organizations.
- This course is NOT for someone who is interested in email marketing (i.e., using email to sell products or services).