best practice Tests for IBM Power Systems with POWER8 Scale-out Technical Sales Skills Certification 2021
The following guidelines reflect the minimum experience and skills one should possess to achieve the credential of IBM Certified Sales Specialist – Power Systems with POWER8 :
Candidates must have experience in IBM Power Systems sales and / or sales support roles. The successful candidate structures solutions for customers based on their business requirements, has detailed product knowledge of the Power Systems portfolio (Scale-out and Enterprise systems), and has 12-18 months of experience assessing customer needs.
The Certified Sales Specialist utilizes sales tools and resources in order to manage customer relationships and develop solution proposals.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following specific skills when proposing solutions to customers, regardless of whether AIX, Linux, or IBM i is the primary operating environment:
- Detailed knowledge of the Power Systems family of POWER8 servers.
- An ability to articulate the unique capabilities and benefits of the Power Systems architecture.
- An ability to work with Power Systems, storage, software, and services experts in order to develop a customer-focused IBM solution based on the customer’s business needs and constraints.
- An understanding of the unique characteristics that AIX, Linux, and IBM i operating systems provide and require on Power Systems.
- An understanding of the benefits that can be achieved with IBM Power Systems software products such as PowerVM, PowerVC, PowerHA, PowerSC, PowerVP, etc.
- An understanding of IBM product and services offerings for big data, analytics, cloud, mobile, social, and security solutions on POWER8 servers.
- An ability to successfully position Power Systems products against competitive products and solutions, such as those from Oracle, HP, Cisco, x86 server vendors, and competitive storage vendors.
- An awareness of tools and resources available to complete a proposal.
- An ability to effectively assess customer requirements in order to identify and propose an appropriate solution.
- An ability to support sales and account teams by providing pre-sales technical assistance and responding to customer objections.
- An ability to lead and/or participate in the Solution Assurance process.
Who this course is for:
- ALL Levels